Saves Time – No More Bagging and Raking
Saves Money – Less Fertilizer Is Needed
Encourages Healthy Lawns – Grass Clippings Contain Nitrogen
Reduce Yard Waste – Grass Clippings Stay On Your Lawn
- What is Grasscycling?
- Grasscycling is the natural recycling of grass by leaving clippings on the lawn when mowing. Grass clippings decompose quickly and release valuable nutrients back into the soil. It is simple, easy, and it works!
- Does it cause thatch build-up?
- No. Research has shown that grass roots are the primary cause of thatch build-up, not grass clippings.
- Do I need a special mower?
- No! Mulching mowers cut up grass into finer pieces so that it decomposes quickly but you can grasscycle with any mower if you follow proper mowing techniques.
- Proper Mowing Techniques
- Cut grass when the surface is dry and keep mower blades sharp. Mow your lawn frequently enough so that no more than 1/3 of the length of the grass blade is cut in any one time.
Visit CalRecycle for additional grasscycling information.