2017 Composting Workshop Registration Now Open
Learn the basics of backyard composting, including tools, techniques, and bin types, and turn your yard and kitchen scraps into rich compost to use as a soil amendment or garden mulch.
Worm composting (vermiposting) focuses on food scraps and is often the best option for those with limited space and minimal or no yardwaste. Participants will assemble a working worm bin to take home.
Choose one of the following at the end of your two hour class:
- Earth Machine bin for backyard composting
- Soil Saver bin for backyard composting
- $30 mail-in rebate towards the purchase of worm composting bin
- $30 mail-in rebate towards the purchase of lawnmower retrofit
- $30 mail-in rebate towards the purchase of mulching lawnmower
Choices apply to backyard composting workshops only—all worm workshop participants will assemble a no-cost worm bin to take home. Limit one bin or rebate per household (while supplies last). Bin or rebate for Napa County residents only. Cash or checks only.